31 days left until the 5th Annual World Hypnotism Day.
(Sunday January 4, 2009)
Among my entrepreneur friends and colleagues there is a saying:
In business, ONE is the loneliest number
Now this has many meanings but the big one is this… as entrepreneurs we are often alone when making decisions, planning, and running our businesses.
And as I’m sure you know… starting and running your own business isn’t easy… not by a long shot.
And often as an entrepreneur you think you MUST do it on your own. I know I did.
Here’s the thing, that kind of thinking is a trap. The most successful business owners are those who constantly look outside their own mind, their own business, and event their own industry for ideas in solving problems.
The Mastermind Principle
And the really successful CEO’s are those who use what Napoleon Hill called in Think & Grow Rich… The Master Mind principle.
“Analyze the record of any person who has accumulated great fortune, and many of those who have accumulated modest fortunes, and you will find that they have either consciously, or unconsciously employed the Master Mind principle.”
— Napoleon Hill
What Is The MasterMind Principle?
So, what is this Master Mind thing? Glad you asked.
The Master Mind is the bringing together of minds with a focus and a purpose, in such a way that as a group you are more powerful than you as an individual could ever hope to be.
I highly recommend you buy a copy of Think & Grow Rich and STUDY it (not just read it) for as long as you remain in business. Especially as a Hypnotist you will recognize and appreciate the techniques of training your mind for success documented in the book.
You can get a copy on amazon.com for about $10, and it’ll be the best ten bucks you ever spend.
Here is the definition of the Master Mind Principle:
“Coordination of knowledge and effort in a spirit of harmony, between two or more people, for the attainment of a definite purpose.”
— Napoleon Hill in Think and Grow Rich
Benefits Of The MasterMind Principle
- A source of creative ideas
- Different perspectives on a problem you would never think of
- Access to the knowledge of many people you can tap instantly
- A way of reducing risk, others may have done it before you or at least will point out unseen pitfalls you might miss
- An extension of your own intelligence
- A reference point for expectations
- People who will remind you to celebrate your wins
- A means of gaining insight through clever questioning
- Support to tide you through the rough patches
- A sense of community with people who understand what it’s like to run a business
MasterMind Groups & World Hypnotism Day
Now, you might be wondering what this has to do with World Hypnotism Day.
Here’s the answer… By combining your ideas, skills, and business knowledge with other hypnotists in your area, all of you will have a more successful WHD 2009.
You might even discover you all want to work together and have one HUGE event rather than a bunch of small ones.
Obviously, these benefits extend beyond just World Hypnotism Day, so you might want to keep meeting with your MasterMind Group all year long.
“More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth.”
— Napoleon Hill
Structure Of A MasterMind Meeting
I like to use this format.
If they are new, tell about yourself and your business. I also like to have new members create a one page info sheet about them and their business to hand out to all members of the group.
- Where you are now and what you have done since the last meeting. State both successes and challenges. (It’s important to celebrate WINS)
- What are your 3 biggest problems, challenges, concerns, or questions right now?
- What would you like the group to help with first?
How To Set Up A MasterMind Group
Finally, here an article on how to set up a MasterMind Group.
Your Next Step
So, here’s your next action step… contact other hypnotists in your area and set up a MasterMind meeting this week with the express purpose of having a hugely successful (and profitable) World Hypnotism Day event.
But, what if you don’t have other hypnotists in your area? You can do one of two things:
1. Use virtual meeting tools like teleconference or webinar for your mastermind.
http://dimdim.com (free video web meeting tool)
http://freeconference.com (free teleconference calls)
2. Invite other entrepreneurs in related fields of healthcare to be in your mastermind.
The secret to making this work is to ask “how can I use the MasterMind principle in my business”.
Take Away Points
– In business, one is the loneliest number
– Even 2 minds are better than one, and 2 minds actually have a synergy that equals more than 2.
– Economic advantages arise from sharing and cooperation with others.
– You can use the mastermind to pool resources for a HUGE WHD event.
– You can have a virtual mastermind if you can’t meet in person.
Now, go make it happen!
P.S. You can get free World Hypnotism Day marketing and publicity resources by signing up for the Members Area. Use this link to register:
Leave a Comment
You must be <a href="https://www.hypnosismarketingtips.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hypnosismarketingtips.com%2Fthe-power-of-the-mastermind-principle%2F">logged in</a> to post a comment.