If you live in the United Kingdom and do hypnosis for weight loss, you should be jumping all over this story hitting the PR wires today.
A British Pop Singer by the name of Lily Allen used hypnosis to lose weight. Or as she put it, "to go from a size 12 to a size 8."
This story is getting lots of press, at least online it is. Here are three notices I’ve gotten today from Google Alerts (you should be using this service too)
Lily Allen says hypnosis helped her lose weight (Show Biz Spy)
Hypnosis helps singer drop from a size 12 to size 8 (Now Magazine)
You can also go to Google News and search on keywords "hypnosis" and "Lily Allen". There are about a dozen stories so far.
Here are some ways you can use this:
- Write about it on your blog, put links to these stories, and make sure you put a photo of her. Show the before and after photos. (I’ve put them at the end of this article)
- Send out a press release and tie into this story
- Send a copy of the articles to your list of weight loss prospects (you do have a list… correct?)
- Print out copies to give to any prospective weight loss clients
- Take screen shots of the stories to use in your marketing materials as PROOF.
- Put this story in any newsletters you send out, both print and email. (you do have a newsletter… correct?)
- She’s 22 years old, and probably has a lot of fans in the 16-25 age group. Use this story as the cornerstone of a campaign directed to that age group.
That should get your idea factory working.
One more thing… Raise your rates!
From the article:
Susan Hepburn, a respected hypnotist runs a Harley Street (London) clinic specializing in self-improvement techniques. She is said to charge around L300 ($600) an hour for weight-loss treatment, including instruction on self-hypnosis.
Lily Allen in London on June 19, 2007 (left)
and in Paris on October 4, 2007 (right).